Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I've got Disney Brain!


For the past couple of days, We've really been trying to nail down our Disney plans for next year. We thought we'd go back in December '08, but the week was turning out to be 12/13 - 12/20 and I just can't see us going so close to Christmas for numerous reasons. Too many issues arose, so Jim & I decided we needed to find another week.


We bought the Unofficial Guide to Disney World on Saturday, got the crowd calendar info, printed off the times the parks were going to be open and went to work. After much deliberation and some stalling, we've decided that we're going back from 9/27 - 10/4. We'll even be in Disney over Jim's birthday (10/3) and I'm getting him a birthday button to wear that day, for sure! LOL.


We also did an itinerary for the week, which we both are pretty happy with. We wanted to plan in some "down time" so that we weren't bypassing some of the "Stop and Smell the Roses Stuff" and so that we didn't burn out. The boys threw in their input on where they wanted to go the 1st day and we always talk about "must do's" on the trip, so we can be sure of what we don't want to miss. We'll need to get Sara's input on what she really wants to do, but I think she'll have a better idea of this after she gets back from a Disney/Florida trip with her mom next month. We usually end up changing around the itinerary a few times before we go (it becomes an obsession. ha!).
All in all, I'm very excited and I love this sort of stuff. Planning a trip like this is half the fun for me and I've gotten my family into it as well. I want us all to be part of the planning! Matthew has even already asked me if we'll make another countdown calendar, so of course we'll make one (for the month prior to leaving). The boys were thrilled to hear that we were going back 3 months prior to when they thought we were going, too. I love to hear how happy it makes them to go to Disney World. If you need me, I'll probably be hanging out on the Disboards or Passporter boards! LOL

9 comments:

Carla said...

LOL....DISNEY NUT! You kill me......DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY....you really love it there dont you! Maybe one day when I become rich I will be able to make that trip...LOL
Happy planning!

j4crew said...

Glad to know someone else has joined me with Disney brain!! That's all I can think about....counting down the days!!! Sounds like you are have a great start!! How funny that you will be there over DH bday..we will be there over DH bday too and I do plan on making him wear a bday button ;-). How cool that the boys are SOO into it!!! Have fun!!!

~Holly~ said...

WOOHOOO!!!

Sounds fun!

Linda said...

I am so freaking jealous!!! TAKE ME WITH YOU! LOL

*Nikki* said...

aww..i wanna go!!

-leafa mcbirdie said...

DISNEY WORLD?! gaah! Being in Cali, we've done Disneyland lots of times but we've never gone to DW -I'm jealous! :) I know what you mean about the planning -that part and just the anticipation of the whole trip are almost as exciting to me as the actual trip itself! FUN stuff chica!

Alicia Sharp said...

I so wanna go to Disney! I have never been! Have you got room in your suitcase for me? ;p

SuzyQ said...

How fun! I have been to Disneyland but I so want to go to DisneyWorld! We are hoping sometime next year maybe!

-Len- said...

Thanks for reading the Unofficial Guide!