Saturday, March 29, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This

This song is by Trace Adkins. I'd heard it a few times, but this morning I heard it on CMT and this one section really "got to me". How true?! I'd take back those years when the boys were little and things were a *lot* more hectic around here. It's so hard for me to watch them grow up so fast. I never thought I was such a melancholy person until I became a mother. Here are the lyrics that really touched me....

"Five years later there's a plummer workin' on the water heater, Dogs barkin' phones ringin' one kid's cryin' one kid's screamin', And she keeps apologizing, he says they don't bother me I got 2 babies of my own one's 36 one's 23 it's hard to believe

But you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fastThese are some good times so take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna miss thisYeah, you're gonna miss this"

3 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Wow. There is a lot of wisdom there.

http://tribeofautodidacts.homeschooljournal.net/

*Nikki* said...

THAT SONG GETS TO ME TOO....I CRIED WHEN I HEARD IT

Linda said...

What a great song!!!